In the peak of winter, the low temperatures calls for uplifting flavors, to help you feel cozy.
Bundle up and have a look at four delightful course ideas below: a cocktail, appetizer, entree, and a dessert – to keep you warm.
- BERRY GINGER CHAMPAGNE COCKTAIL:
For this drink, you’ll need,
1.5 oz. blackberry and raspberry infused cognac: to make combine 2 Cups Cognac with 1 pint mixed Raspberries & Blackberries. Place fruit in a non-reactive container and top with cognac. Let sit for 1-2 weeks.
1 oz. champagne or sparkling white wine
3 drops of blue and black bitters
(sub out with angostura bitters and some crushed blackberries & blueberries)
1 oz. of Crabbie’s raspberry alcoholic ginger flavored beer
(sub out with ginger beer, with fresh raspberries)
Prepare this drink in a cocktail flute and serve it with berries.
Tangyuan, literally means “soup ball”, and is a Chinese dessert made from glutinous rice flour mixed with a small amount of water to form balls and then either cooked and served in boiling water with fermented glutinous rice, or sweet syrup (sweet ginger syrup, for example), or deep fried. Tangyuan can be either small or large, and filled or unfilled. They are traditionally eaten during Yuanxiao or the Lantern Festival, but also served as a dessert on Chinese wedding day, Winter Solstice Festival, and other special occasions.
- TURKISH STUFFED FLATBREADS:
Serve a hearty appetizer this winter with cheesy stuffed Turkish flatbreads. These deliciously filled flatbreads can be stuffed with spinach filling, potato filling or cheese filling depending on your taste.
- HARISSA BRAISED LAMB SHANKS
Prepare this North African spiced comfort food that can be as versatile as you want it to be: you can alter the recipe accordingly and substitute it with your favorite meat, spices, and herbs. The lamb is marinated with spices like cumin seeds, coriander seeds, paprika, tomato paste, chopped garlic, bay leaf, cinnamon stick, all spices, harissa, salt and lemon – according to your taste. Preheat the oven at 300 degrees and place the lamb shanks in the oven after brushing them with some olive oil. When you get a light brown glaze on top of it, remove it from the oven. Enjoy this perfectly warm meal with your friends and family.
TRENDS FOR SPRING & SUMMER 19:
- Anticipate sour tastes to continue getting more popular: sour beers, such as lambics, gose’s, and wild ales.
- Other bight flavors could be back this summer too, like Sonic’s controversial pickle juice slush from Summer 18.
- Mocktails are also trendy warm weather drinks, with freshly made fruit juices.
- Refreshing drinks in general will be popular in the upcoming warm months, but not so sweet this year, we’re thinking more subtle flavors will be in, like dragon fruit and prickly pear.
- Other trends include vegan barbeque, low-calorie ice cream, boldly spiced snacks, and flavored waters.