Salty Dogs are a great weekend day drink, especially in warm weather. We put a spin on ours, using Meyer Lemon to brighten them up and to add a unique tangy flavor, along with a Cane Sugar and Slap Ya Mama rim.
We paired our new Salty Dog creation with some Picante Chicharrones.
This fresh treat is our spin on a snack version of BBQ and Lemonade...ENJOY!
- 8 oz fresh squeezed grapefruit juice. (We were able to get around 4oz out of 1 grapefruit)
- 2 oz Vodka (we used Stoli)
- 1 Meyer Lemon, cut into wedges
- Cane Sugar
- Kosher Salt
- Slap Ya Mama Seasoning
- Mix a 1:1 ratio of sugar and salt onto a plate, sprinkle Slap Ya Mama into the mix, to taste
- Using a Meyer lemon slice, wet the rim of a pint glass
- Coat rim with sugar/salt/spice mixture
- Fill glass with ice and add vodka + fresh grapefruit juice and stir
- Top it off with a Meyer lemon wedge
- Kick back and relax with a bowl of Chicharrones and your favorite music on!